A global opinion survey was released last month by Limelight Networks that gauges the value of video for companies to engage audiences and convert prospects into customers – no matter what their business.
The survey concluded that video is essential in engaging and retaining customers. It also demonstrated widespread understanding of the benefits of online video:
- 81% of respondents described video as extremely or very important in engaging customers
- 81% stated that video allowed deeper engagement with audiences
- 72% agreed that video helped them deliver messages more clearly and efficiently to target customers
- 85% stated that analytical reporting on metrics such as viewer geography, viewer duration, and integration with an analytics tool of choice is an important business differentiator.
Perhaps most importantly, the survey revealed the concerns among respondents with operational challenges surrounding online video. Here is what respondents had to say with regard to their top operational challenges:
- 77% said that the ability to distribute content across platforms is a top concern
- 69% said that the ability to effectively format content for mobile devices is a top operational challenge
- 53% said that the ability to support video-on-demand or live streaming is a primary issue
- A majority of respondents also identified performance and reliability as extremely important when choosing a solution.
These are very encouraging results. More and more businesses recognize the tremendous benefits of online video, while at the same time they express concerns and challenges with mastering the delivery of their valuable video content. A hosted website solution can deliver video across platforms with Digital Rights Management for premium TV and movie content with no technical knowledge by the customer necessary (see: Hosted Video Website Solution Released).
This new survey provided fresh proof that online video will continue to expand dramatically across sectors, and that most companies are clamoring for products and services to enable them to fulfill their online video business objectives.
More on the survey can be seen here: New Survey Reveals Criticality of Video in Driving Audience Engagement and Conversion – Managing and Distributing Video Across Multiple Devices Remains a Key Challenge.